Edmonton vaccination clinics update
January 25, 2010
EDMONTON – Edmonton’s two mass influenza immunization clinics will continue offering H1N1 vaccine the week of January 25 to all individuals over six months of age. These clinics are scheduled to operate until Thursday, January 28.
Please be advised of the following clinic hours and locations:
- Millbourne Mall (38 Ave & Millwoods Road):
January 25 & 26 from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- East Edmonton Health Centre (7910-112 Ave):
January 27 & 28 from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Individuals in high risk groups are encouraged to get a seasonal influenza immunization in addition to their H1N1 immunization. Seasonal influenza vaccine is also available at these clinics.
H1N1 and seasonal influenza immunization is also available at the following public health centres (by appointment only):
- Devon Public Health Centre (780-342-7069)
- Evansburg & District Health Unit (780-727-2288)
- Fort Saskatchewan Health Unit (780-342-2366)
- Gibbons Health Unit (780-923-3700)
- Leduc Public Health Centre (780-980-4644)
- Morinville Health Unit (780-939-3388)
- Spruce Grove & Stony Plain at WestView Public Health Centre (780-968-3700)
- St. Albert Public Health Centre (780-459-6671)
- Strathcona County Public Health Centre (780-342-4600)
Immunization is the single best defense against influenza, and Alberta Health Services strongly recommends that all Albertans over six months of age get immunized.
Visit www.albertahealthservices.ca for more information, or, call Health Link Alberta to speak to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the Edmonton area, call 780-408-LINK (5465) or outside the local calling area, call toll free at 1-866-408-LINK (5465).
Alberta Health Services is the provincial health authority responsible for planning and delivering health supports and services for more than 3.5 million adults and children living in Alberta. Its mission is to provide a patient-focused, quality health system that is accessible and sustainable for all Albertans.
- 30 -