Finding Help for an Adult
If you, or someone you know, has a problem with alcohol, other drugs or gambling, you may be wondering what you can do. The good news is that alcohol, drug and gambling problems are treatable! When you, or someone you know, decides to deal with an addiction problem, help is available. Help is also available for those concerned about someone else's use — even if the user is not willing to get help.
Here are some ways to inform yourself:
- A Drinking Problem: How Can I Tell?
- Finding Help for Myself
- Finding Help for Someone Else
- An Alcohol Problem at Home: What to Do When a Family Member Has a Drinking Problem?
- A Drug Problem: How Can I Tell?
- When Someone You Know Has a Drug Problem
If you are concerned about alcohol, tobacco, other drug and/or gambling problems contact your local addiction office Monday to Friday during office hours, or phone the 24-hour Helpline at 1-866-332-2322 (Alberta only).