Finding Help for an Adult
If you, or someone you know, have a problem with alcohol, other drugs or gambling, you may be wondering what you can do. The good news is that alcohol, drug and gambling problems are treatable. When you, or someone you know, decide to deal with an addiction problem, help is available. Help is also available for those concerned about someone else's use — even if the user is not willing to get help.
- Finding Help for Myself
- Alcohol Problems: Helping Someone Get Treatment
- How to Find Help for Someone with a Drug or Gambling Problem
More information on Alcohol, Other Drugs and Gambling
- Problem Drinking
- Problem Drug Use
- A Gambling Problem: How Can You Tell
- Substance Use in Older Adults
- Addiction Information for Young People
- What Every Woman Should Know: Alcohol and Other Drugs.
If you are concerned about alcohol, tobacco, other drug and/or gambling problems phone the 24-hour Helpline at 1-866-332-2322 (Alberta only).