Alberta Health Services supports healthy food environments in schools, recreation facilities and daycares. With this, school nutrition education resources have been reviewed and designed to help school teachers, child educators, parents and health professionals working in these environments teach and encourage young Albertans to make healthy food choices and live a healthy lifestyle.
School Nutrition Education Resources
Resources are grouped into the topics below:
- Tools and resources to support healthy food environments in schools and promote the implementation of the Alberta Nutrition Guidelines for Children and Youth.
- Tools and resources to teach students and children about nutrition and healthy food choices. Includes information on Eating Well with Canada’s Food Guide, choosing and preparing healthy food, vegetables and fruit, portion sizes, choosing healthy drinks, and additional links.
- Lesson plans that meet Alberta Education's Health and Life Skills Curriculum Outcomes for Kindergarten to Grade 9.
- Nutrition topics ready to be inserted into your school newsletter.
- School nutrition education resources in French.
For a printable list of all the school nutrition education resources see the School Nutrition Education Resource List.
Resources on this website were reviewed and designed by the AHS School Nutrition Integrated Working Group.