AHS Team: Today & Tomorrow
Realignment of our Leadership Team
AHS has realigned its senior leadership team to create a closer link between strategic planning and operations, and enable more, and more timely, decisions at the local level.
Trouble viewing? Open video in a new window.
Most staff and physicians will not be directly affected by these changes, but across the system we should all experience positive changes in the quality of our work life. That includes fewer delays in decision-making, faster turnaround on high-priority initiatives, more direct communication and engagement, a better understanding of what you need to meet your own objectives, greater role clarity and clearer performance expectations.
Reporting relationships will change and teams may be reorganized, but the reason we are here – collectively and individually – hasn’t changed. We are here to provide and support the best health care we can for Albertans.
Highlights of the realignment include:
- Chief Operating Officer with operational responsibility and leading new integrated zones
- Chief Medical Officer with clinical leadership, quality & patient safety and shared responsibility for Strategic Clinical Networks
- Shared decision-making between clinical and operational leaders at all levels
- EVP People and Partners brings a focus on our staff, communities and partner organizations to the Executive level
- Stronger more independent role for the zones
- Chief Financial Officer with corporate functions aligned
- Strategy and Performance integrates strategy functions, measurement and research, and shared responsibility for Strategic Clinical Networks