Services Offered: School-Age Children
A Registered Dental Hygienist provides preventive services and education to targeted schools in the Region.
- Referrals and Follow-up
- Fluoride Varnish
- Promotion of Sealants
- Oral Health Education
- Collaborative Projects with Public Health Nurses
Resources for Schools
- The Oral Health Education Teacher Resource (Kindergarten through Grade 3) is designed to assist teachers with helping their students achieve good oral health.
These manuals can help teachers:
- Meet learning outcomes of Alberta Learning’s Program of Studies in Health and Life Skills (plus Science and Language Arts)
- Enhance learning through fun, interactive lessons
- Instill life-long dental health habits and attitudes
- Help students make well-informed health choices
Each manual contains:
- Background information on dental health
- Curriculum charts
- 9 interactive lessons per grade
- Web site references - information and
- Classroom activities
These manuals can be used in conjunction with the Oral Health Teacher’s Resource Kit.
Please email questions and comments to: