Boil Water Order
July 19, 2013
Boil Water Orders are currently in effect for:
- Sunshine Village Water System:
- all users of the Sunshine Village Water System, including the Upper Village and Goat’s Eye.
Bring water to a rolling boil for at least one minute prior to any consumption, including:
- Brushing teeth
- Cleaning raw foods
- Preparing infant formula or juices
- Making ice
- Water used for bathing, or for laundering of clothing, does not need to be boiled.
Residents may instead choose to purchase bottled water for consumption, for the duration of these orders.
*UPDATED (July 19, 2013):
Alberta Health Services, working with Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, has advised the Town of High River that drinking water no longer requires boiling for the areas of Hampton Hills and Sunrise.
Residential and commercial customers are advised to perform basic precautions prior to resuming normal water handling and consumption practices:
- Residential customers in Hampton Hills and Sunrise should run all water using fixtures and faucets for five minutes before using the water. They should also drain and flush ice-making systems in their refrigerators and run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Commercial customers should follow the same precautions as above, and should run any food spraying sprinklers for five minutes and heat hot water tanks to 65 degrees Celsius.