This recipe makes it easy to cook a dozen eggs at once. Eat them right away, or store them to use later. Use these eggs in your favourite recipes that call for hard-boiled eggs or just peel and eat.
12 large Eggs 12 large
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF (165ºC).
2. Leave eggs in their shells and place one egg in each of the cups in a 12 cup muffin pan.
3. Place the pan in the oven and bake the eggs for 25 minutes.
4. Serve right away, or store to use later.
To store for later:
1. Remove the eggs from the oven and place in a bowl of ice water. Make sure the ice water covers the eggs. Add a dozen ice cubes.
2. After 10 minutes, remove eggs and gently pat dry, rub off any residue from cooking.
3. Place the eggs back into the egg carton and store in the refrigerator.
4. When ready to eat just peel. Eggs keep at least one week in the refrigerator.
Makes 6 servings (2 eggs/ 100 g)
Per Serving: 140 calories, 10 g fat, (3 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 120 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 12 g protein, 0 g fibre.
For more recipes, see Inspiring Healthy Eating at Healthyeatingstartshere.ca