Patient and Family Support
Volunteers at South Health Campus (SHC) aim to help patients, family members and visitors in the following ways:
- Wayfinders: Volunteers assist in welcoming patients, families and visitors to the campus, as well as help them find their destination within the facility.
- Clinic Volunteers: Volunteers will assist in welcoming patients, families and visitors to the clinical areas and provide comfort in the waiting room. As well, volunteers will help clients find resources available at the campus and provide assistance with patient flow.
- Emergency: Volunteers will act as ambassadors of South Health Campus to minimize stress and provide comfort while keeping patient and family centered care in mind. In addition, volunteers are a key part of ensuring that patient traffic flows smoothly.
- Friendly Visiting: Volunteers will assist staff with providing a socially stimulating environment for patients.
- Gift Shop Staff: Create and maintain an oasis of fun and imaginative merchandise, providing a brief escape from hospital issues along with a fun and imaginative shopping experience.
- Take a volunteer guided tour of South Health Campus!!
Become a Volunteer!
As important members of the health care team, South Health Campus volunteers extend and enhance the quality of care and service provided by our Alberta Health Services staff. As this is a brand new facility, volunteers will have the unique opportunity to shape new volunteer programs.
All volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment to the hospital for one year, coming in once a week for a set shift. Shifts are typically three to four hours in length. The screening process includes an interview, police security check and reference checks.
Currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Clinic Wayfinders
- Clinic Volunteers
- Friendly Visitors
- Gift Shop Cashier Volunteers, Merchandiser/Display Volunteers