Edson Healthcare Centre now open.
A new facility will replace the Edson Healthcare Centre.
- The new Edson Healthcare Centre opened on November 1, 2016.
- The majority of health services in the community are being provided at the new facility, including acute care, emergency, inpatient, obstetrics, public health, mental health, home care and primary care through the Community Health and Wellness Clinic. Services are supported by pharmacy, rehabilitation, ultrasound, X-ray and laboratory.
- The number of acute care beds has increased to 24 from 22 and continuing care beds to 76 from 50.
- These expanded service levels have created approximately 18 new fulltime health care positions.
- The new Edson Healthcare Centre is expected to see close to 3,000 outpatient visits and more than 16,000 emergency department visits in the next year.
- Alberta Health Services and the Evergreen Foundation have reached a tentative agreement for the foundation to lease the former Edson Healthcare Centre. The former centre will house Evergreen Foundation lodge residents while a new lodge is constructed.
Alberta Health Services & Alberta Infrastructure