Alberta Health Services Home|Careers Home|Site Map|

International Applicant

*Recruitment Fraud Warning*

Alberta Health Services (AHS) never requests fees or endorses training through a third party. All AHS emails end in one of the following addresses:  

Any message from a different address—even if it appears to be from an Alberta hospital or health care facility—is not from AHS. Please check the address before you reply. Read more.

Join us in Building Canada’s Strongest Health Care System!

AHS is recruiting internationally-educated health care professionals from the list below. Before you can work with us, you must be professionally licensed or registered to practice in Alberta.

  • Registered Nurse 
  • Registered Psychiatric Nurse 
  • Physiotherapist 
  • Occupational Therapist

If you meet these criteria, please register with us and create your online profile.

Before You Apply to AHS

If your occupation is listed above, you must have an Alberta professional license before applying to AHS. Visit Getting your Alberta professional license for more information.

Citizenship and Immigration Website

Please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Website for information on how to apply to be eligible to work in Canada. You will also find helpful information on becoming a permanent resident/ landed immigrant of Canada on this website.

Labour Market Opinions (LMO)

An approved LMO allows us to sponsor a qualified, licensed international candidate to come to Alberta on a restricted work permit but only to work with AHS. The eligibility criteria are subject to change and fluctuate according to labour shortages. Your sponsorship eligibility will be assessed if you are offered permanent, full time employment.

Permanent Resident/Landed Immigrant of Canada

If you already have your permanent resident/landed immigrant status in Canada and have the appropriate license to practice in Alberta, you are welcome to apply to AHS. Please visit our job board for the latest opportunities.

Immigrating/Relocating to Canada

The Government of Canada, along with Citizenship and Immigration Canada websites provide useful information regarding working and living in Canada. To start your search, visit the Immigrate to Canada section of their website.