Cardiac Exercise Stress Testing
- Exercise tolerance testing, Cardiac Perfusion Stress testing and Echo stress testing are provided in a fully equipped stress testing lab. Some facilities may not offer all cardiac exercise stress testing services listed.
- Exercise stress testing is used to diagnose coronary artery disease and investigate any heart related symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath or lightheadedness.
- A person taking an exercise stress test does so on a treadmill or bike. Exercise is started very slowly and progressively becomes more difficult. The exercise can be stopped at any time if necessary.
- The heart is monitored throughout the test and any symptoms during exercise are evaluated.
- Once the test is complete, the doctor can advise the patient on medications, further treatment options and/or lifestyle factors that may affect their cardiac health.
Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
3942 50A Avenue
Red Deer, Alberta
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
This facility is located on a main bus route. Public Transportation available.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
Monday to Friday: Phone calls accepted until 4:00 PM.
Closed Saturday, Sunday & Statutory holidays.
Specific referral criteria is available upon request by contacting the individual location.