Alberta Healthy Living Program - Cardiac Rehabilitation
Assesses, treats, and offers services for people with a chronic condition including:
- 12 week supervised exercise program for individuals diagnosed with a chronic disease
- Cardiologists who travel from Calgary to support the heart function clinic every two weeks.
- Cardiologist follow up with clinical telehealth sessions
- group education sessions
- Individual assessments as needed
- 6 week self management workshop
Brooks Health Centre
440 3 Street E
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
City provided special transit
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed over lunch hour 12-1pm. Patients with non-urgent questions can leave voicemail and the call will be returned on the next business day. If the problem is of an urgent nature, the patient should go to the Emergency Room. Cardiac exercise program operates Mondays and Thursdays from 8:30 am until 12pm. Stress testing is done on Tuesdays. Community exercise program operates Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm.
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
Physician referral required to see Cardiologist. Referral is required for the Heart Function clinic and services for this clinic are available only at the Medicine Hat location.
Service language options
Tele-Interpreter / Language Lines
There maybe a waiting period for this service. Call for more information.