Continuing Care Services (East)
Care centres offer a variety of support services within their centres to clients living in the community, such as respite, rehabilitation services and day programs. Clients can also be admitted to a care centre when they are no longer able to remain at home with the support of family and community services.
Care centres provide the following services:
- nursing and personal care services, available on a 24-hour basis, under the supervision of professional nurses and nursing attendants who have been trained in daily care provision
- professional services such as physical, occupational or recreational therapy, pharmacy, podiatry services, and social work or pastoral counselling. Some care centres provide these services through professionals who are employees of the centre while other care centres arrange to have off-site professionals provide services to residents at the care centre
- oxygen therapy
- meal provision and laundering of linens (bedding and towels)
- services of a barber and hairdresser, at a cost to the resident
- may provide laundry services; at a cost to the resident
- telephone and cable TV services available, charges are paid by the resident
- nterpreters for languages other than English may be available through staff
Care centres must meet provincial standards.
Brooks Health Centre
440 3 Street E
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
City provided special transit
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Contact "Access and Placement" to have an intake completed, then Access will be notify Home Care of the request.
Provincially set per diem charges for meals, housekeeping and maintenance costs.