This service provides:
- pre-operative and post-operative teaching and discharge planning on ostomy and wound care to individuals and families on an inpatient and outpatient basis;
- education and counselling to patients and families in preparation for discharge home;
- assessment and organization of supplies that are required in the home setting;
- consultation with staff physicians on skin and wound care and set up care plans for problematic wounds;
- consultation with Home Care or nursing staff from long-term care;
- assistance with development of Regional Hospital Policy and Procedures.
Rockyview General Hospital
7007 14 Street SW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
- Tuesday 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
- Wednesday 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
- Thursday 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
- Friday 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
Closed on statutory holidays.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
Referral by physician. Physician or office calls to book appointment. Referral by nurse. Registered Nurse consults.
Service language options
Less than 1 week.