Aboriginal Hospital Liaison
This program provides direct service to Aboriginal clients and their families to:
- seek out opportunities to identify and meet with aboriginal clients to ensure that they and their families are comfortable with the health care milieu;
- collaborate with other service providers to ensure that needs of Aboriginal clients are identified and addressed;
- consult with other direct service providers around spiritual, cultural and other special needs of Aboriginal clients and their families to facilitate culturally competent and family-centered care;
- enhance Aboriginal clients' and families' understanding of hospital and treatment procedures and compliance by providing patient and family education and support, and liaison with other health care professionals;
- facilitate Aboriginal client access to appropriate hospital and community resources;
- facilitate Aboriginal spiritual practises;
- provide referral support to clients, families and community service providers to facilitate continuity of care.
They also provide consultation/liaison services to:
- participate in informal orientation to hospital staff regarding Aboriginal culture and beliefs;
- participate on committees/groups dealing with social and health care issues of Aboriginal clients when such participation is deemed appropriate and approved by immediate supervisor;
- liaise with selected Aboriginal service agencies in the community which service specific needs of clients;
- maintain linkages to Aboriginal health resources;
- provide the opportunity for relevant Aboriginal student practicum experience.
Rockyview General Hospital
7007 14 Street SW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
No weekend coverage.