Aboriginal Hospital Liaison
This program provides service to Aboriginal clients and their families to:
- make them feel comfortable within the culture of the hospital
- provide referral and/or support to help clients find the hospital and/or other health care services and community resources they need (patient navigation)
- ensure that their needs are identified and addressed by healthcare providers
- provide patient and family education and support
- support client spiritual practices
They also provide consultation/liaison services to:
- take part in committees/groups dealing with social and healthcare issues of Aboriginal clients
- consult with other service providers around spiritual, cultural, and other special needs
- provide Aboriginal student practicum experience
Rockyview General Hospital
7007 14 Street SW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
These services are not available on evenings and weekends. At these times, please contact the social worker at the hospital.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
Referrals should be made electronically in Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM). The new order is called Aboriginal Liaison Referral. All Aboriginal Hospital Liaison staff will also be using the SCM MPR to complete their clinical documentation.