Adult Day Support Program
Objectives are to:
- support individuals to remain living in the community as long as possible
- optimize an individuals level of physical, spiritual, social cognitive and emotional functioning
- provide support, respite and education to families/caregivers
Services include the following:
- recreation and leisure activities
- socialization and peer support
- family education and support
- psychological and physical monitoring
- basic personal care
- nutritious meal and snack
- physiotherapy and occupational therapy (not available at all sites)
- health monitoring by registered nurse or licensed practical nurse (not available at all sites)
Sturgeon Community Hospital
201 Boudreau Road
St. Albert, Alberta
780-418-7323 (for program information), 780-496-1300 (to make a referral)
Ramps and parking
At Intersection of St. Albert Trail and Boudreau Rd
Hours of Operation
Dementia day program and Rehabilitation day program both operate Tuesday to Friday. Clients attend once or twice weekly from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
$8.00 per visit for non health related services provided by the day program. Clients are responsible for transportation costs to and from the program.
Fee reduction available. Must be discussed with managers at the individual day programs.
Central waitlists are maintained for each day program by AHS Day Program Intake (780-496-1300). Wait times vary for each program.