Aids to Daily Living
Assesses people for funding from the Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) Program for benefits like back supports, catheter supplies, incontinence supplies, and mastectomy supplies (for people younger than 65).
- a home visit is needed for bathing and bathroom equipment, walkers, walking aids, wheelchairs (manual and power) and wheelchair cushions and accessories
- a prescription from a doctor is needed for compression garments
- no coverage for continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) units.
Oilfields General Hospital
Black Diamond Public Health Unit
717 Government Road
Black Diamond, Alberta
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Free parking available on site.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
If you are eligible for benefits, AADL will pay 75% of the cost up to $500 per family per benefit year (July 1 to June 30).
If you qualify as a low-income family, you may only have to pay for upgrades. Call AADL Toll-free in Alberta: 310-0000, then 780-427-0731, if you have questions.