Aids to Daily Living
This team of health professionals assesses clients and provides authorization for the following AADL benefits:
- bathing and toileting equipment;*
- walkers and walking aids;*
- wheelchairs (manual and power);*
- wheelchair cushions and accessories;*
- back supports;
- catheter supplies;
- compression garments;+
- incontinence supplies;
- mastectomy prostheses (for those under 65 years).
* home visits are required for these benefits.
+ physician prescription is required for these benefits;
AADL does not provide coverage for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) units.
AADL provides funding assistance to insulin dependant diabetics through the Alberta Monitoring for Health Program. Call 1-800-267-7532 for further information.
Oilfields General Hospital
Black Diamond Public Health Unit
717 Government Road
Black Diamond, Alberta
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Free parking available on site.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Eligible clients pay 25% of the cost to a maximum of $500.00 per family per AADL benefit year (July 1 - June 30).
Low income clients may be exempt from cost sharing but not exempt from payment of upgrade amounts. Contact office for further details.
There maybe a waiting period for this service. Call for more information.