Community Health Services
Community Health Centres provide a wide range of health services, which may include:
- Prenatal teaching / support to individual clients who are not able to access regular prenatal programs.
- Early Start telephone support and home visits to all new mothers and infants in the postpartum period. Early Start postpartum telephone support may be accessed by calling the local Community Health Centre or after hours at 403-244-8351.
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Education and / or counselling on a variety of topics such as nutrition, safety, family violence, infant / child growth and development, through home visits, telephone calls, parenting classes, and well-child immunization clinics.
- Education and support to adults and seniors, in their homes and at wellness sites, on topics such as aging, use of medications, substance abuse, nutrition and family violence.
- Collaboration with other Alberta Health Services divisions and external agencies and organizations to promote health in the community.
Communicable Disease Services
- Assistance in preventing and controlling the spread of communicable diseases for all age groups, through immunization and surveillance programs, in clinics, schools and community sites.
School Health Services
- Public health nursing time and support to all schools in the region. Works in partnership with school communities to promote health and develop strong, supportive communities.
- Teachers, parents and students can consult with a public health nurse for nursing assessment of concerns about physical, emotional or social well-being.
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
403-955-1250 (Booking Immunization ), 403-955-6200
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Service language options