Addiction Services - Opioid Dependency Program
Provides methadone or Suboxone® maintenance treatment in an outpatient setting. Patients are stabilized on methadone or suboxone under close medical supervision and evaluation of response to medication.
When they are properly prescribed and dispensed, a person on either medication is able to function normally with no drowsiness and no withdrawal symptoms. When taken as prescribed, both methadone and suboxone are safe medications and can be taken over a long term.
Services available may include:
- Ongoing support and monitoring (e.g. prescription management, medical follow up, urine testing, counselling and treatment planning)
- Health, safety and risk reduction teaching and management
- Source of information and expertise for community stakeholders on MMT and suboxone
- Links to community pharmacists
- Links to other addictions treatment services
- Links to other social and health support systems
- Hepatitis and HIV screening
- Hepatitis C treatment (Calgary’s Sheldon Chumir location only)
Services are voluntary and confidential.
For more information, visit our website at www.albertahealthservices.ca/odp.asp
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
24 hour Help Line 1-866-332-2322, 403-297-5118
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 6:30 am - 4:15 pm
- Tuesday 6:30 am - 4:15 pm
- Wednesday 6:30 am - 4:15 pm
- Thursday 6:30 am - 4:15 pm
- Friday 6:30 am - 4:15 pm
Closed weekends and statutory holidays.
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
Any health professional can refer a client directly to the program for care or clients may choose to call the ODP clinic directly and complete a self-referral over the telephone.
To find an office near you click on Addiction Services :Adult Counselling or call the Addiction Helpline at 1-866-332-2322.
Dispensing fees payable to patient's assigned pharmacy.
Client's Health and Benefit Plan or other prescription coverage, Alberta Works (if eligible).