Addiction Services - Opioid Dependency Program
Provides methadone or Suboxone® maintenance treatment in an outpatient setting. Patients are stabilized on methadone or suboxone under close medical supervision and evaluation of response to medication.
When they are properly prescribed and dispensed, a person on either medication is able to function normally with no drowsiness and no withdrawal symptoms. When taken as prescribed, both methadone and suboxone are safe medications and can be taken over a long term.
Services available may include:
- Ongoing support and monitoring (e.g. prescription management, medical follow up, urine testing, counselling and treatment planning)
- Health, safety and risk reduction teaching and management
- Source of information and expertise for community stakeholders on MMT and suboxone
- Links to community pharmacists
- Links to other addictions treatment services
- Links to other social and health support systems
- Hepatitis and HIV screening
- Hepatitis C treatment (Calgary’s Sheldon Chumir location only)
Services are voluntary and confidential.
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
24 hour Help Line 1-866-332-2322, 403-297-5118
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 7:00 am - 3:15 pm
- Tuesday 7:00 am - 3:15 pm
- Wednesday 7:00 am - 3:15 pm
- Thursday 7:00 am - 3:15 pm
- Friday 7:00 am - 3:15 pm
Closed weekends and holidays (on call service available on weekends and holidays 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Intake process: Clients are seen for an intake assessment at ACAPS (or area office) and referred to the Opioid Dependency Program. Clients are booked for a doctor appointment to be assessed for methadone maintenance treatment.
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Referral is through Alberta Health Services Addiction and Mental Health offices.
To find an office near you click on Addiction Services :Adult Counselling or call the Addiction Helpline at 1-866-332-2322.
Dispensing fees payable to patient's assigned pharmacy.
Client's Health and Benefit Plan or other prescription coverage, Alberta Works (if eligible).
Service language options