Calgary Sexual Assault Response Team
This service provides confidential, comprehensive care to individuals who have experienced sexual violence (sexual assault, rape, or abuse) within the past 72 hours. Clients may choose what services they wish to receive, including:
- examination and treatment of injuries;
- preservation and collection of forensic evidence;
- treatment and prevention of sexually transmitted infections;
- pregnancy prevention;
- medical follow up;
- crisis couselling for both patients and friends/family offering support;
- assistance with police reporting;
- police and court education and support;
- referral and assistance with other needs.
Further information is also available from Connect Family and Sexual Abuse Network website.
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
403-237-5888 (Connect Family and Sexual Abuse Network), 403-943-5465 (Health Link Alberta), 403-955-6011
1-866-408-5465 (Health Link Alberta), 1-888-237-5888 (Connect Family and Sexual Abuse Network)
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
Service language options
Translation services are available.