Symptom Control & Palliative Care Telehealth Program
This clinic helps patients with the pain and symptoms associated with cancer by providing real-time support to physicians caring for cancer patients in rural and remote communities.
High-definition televisions link the remote care centre to a multi-disciplinary team at the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton. The team can then assess the patient without the patient leaving his or her home community. The patient may still require travel to Edmonton during their care, but many parts of the care can be provided to the patient through Telehealth.
Available to patients located within the area of the:
- Grande Prairie Associate Cancer Centre
- Peace River Community Cancer Centre
- Fort McMurray Community Cancer Centre
- Central Alberta (Red Deer) Associate Cancer Centre
- Camrose Community Cancer Centre
- Drayton Valley Community Cancer Centre
- Lloydminster Community Cancer Centre
- Barrhead Community Cancer Centre
- Hinton Community Cancer Centre
Patients may be able to access this program in other communities in northern and central Alberta, depending on the availability of staff and facilities
Cross Cancer Institute
11560 University Avenue
Wheelchair accessible washrooms. Handicapped parking stalls. Ramps are available to access the hospital and there is designated parking around the parameter for appropriately designated handicapped vehicles.
Bus stops at 114 Street NW, and an LRT station is located NE of the Kaye Edmonton Clinic along 114 Street NW. Phone 780-496-1611 for service schedule.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
A referral from the patient's doctor (family doctor or specialist) is required. Please complete a referral form.
Most patients can be booked for an appointment within 7 days of the team receiving the doctor's referral.