Wig Service and Hair Alternatives
Service provides wig fittings, head shaves, and wigs for loan to cancer patients.
Below are some links to information and demonstrations:
- Look Good Feel Better:
- Tips & Suggestions: http://www.lgfb.ca/en/look-good/
- Video Library: http://www.lgfb.ca/en/video-library/
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
- “How to tie a headscarf”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezt-5nsIYXA
Cross Cancer Institute
Room 0102 (The Wig Salon is located on lower level 0. Watch for signs.)
11560 University Avenue
Wheelchair accessible washrooms. Handicapped parking stalls. Ramps are available to access the hospital and there is designated parking around the parameter for appropriately designated handicapped vehicles.
Bus stops at 114 Street NW, and an LRT station is located NE of the Kaye Edmonton Clinic along 114 Street NW. Phone 780-496-1611 for service schedule.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Wig Salon is closed for lunch on Mondays and Fridays from 12:00 - 1:00 pm
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.