Cardiac Intensive Care / Coronary Care Units
Conditions include but are not limited to:
* Acute myocardial infarction
* Acute coronary syndromes, especially with an unstable or critically severe chest pain
* Heart failure:
(a) those who are acutely ill and hemodynamically unstable
(b) those who are more stable but require hemodynamic evaluation or hemodynamically guided therapy or those who need inotropic or vasoactive therapy
* Cardiac dysrhythmias, especially when accompanied by hemodynamic instability.
Medical cardiology patients requiring the following will be limited to the Mona Libin CICU at Foothills Medical Centre:
1. IABP therapy
2. Pulmonary artery catheter monitoring
3. Mechanical ventilation
4. STEMI patient post primary or rescue PCI within the first four hours of the intervention
5. Impella ventricular assist device
6. Therapeutic hypothermia post cardiac arrest
Rockyview General Hospital
7007 14 Street SW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
All admissions must be approved by the attending cardiologist or delegate. All SARCC consults and admissions must go through the Attending Cardiologist or Cardiology Fellow