Pharmacy Services - Inpatients
Pharmacists work collaboratively with the health care team to determine, implement and assess the individualized patient treatment plan. Services include:
- providing expertise on the selection of appropriate medications for patients
- prescribing medications as appropriate by either adapting an existing prescription, utlizing additional prescribing authorization where indicated
- promoting medication quality and safety including the monitoring for and reporting of adverse drug reactions
- educating patients, families, and other healthcare providers about drugs and drug use
- supporting research activities
- precepting, coaching and mentoring pharmacy students, pharmacy residents and new pharmacists
Technicians and assistants have an important role in dispensing, packaging and production of medications for all inpatients.
Oilfields General Hospital
717 Government Road
Black Diamond, Alberta
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Free parking available on site.
Hours of Operation
24 hour service