Pharmacy Services - Inpatients
Direct Patient Care
With the rapidly changing and complex drug therapies available, the increasing likelihood of drug interactions due to multiple drug regimens for patients, as well as the safety and cost issues associated with drug use, a key role for pharmacy is the provision of direct patient care. The role of the pharmacist, as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, is to:
- provide expertise on the selection of appropriate medications for patients
- optimize safety of medications chosen by providing therapeutic drug monitoring
- educate patients, families and other healthcare professionals about drugs and drug use, and
- promote medication quality and safety including the monitoring for and reporting of adverse drug reactions
Safe and Effective Drug Production and Distribution
- provision and dispensing of medications for hospital, Acute Care and Long Term Care
- pharmacist review of drug orders and drug profiles
- ordering and stocking of medications
- safe preparation of pharmaceuticals
Oilfields General Hospital
717 Government Road
Black Diamond, Alberta
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Free parking available on site.
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.