Calgary Community Aids for Independent Living
Does assessments for people to see if they are eligible for funding through AADL for equipment or medical supplies, which includes:
- equipment for bathing and going to the bathroom (home visit needed)
- walkers and walking aids (home visit needed)
- manual and power wheelchairs (home visit needed)
- wheelchair cushions and accessories (home visit needed)
- back supports
- catheter supplies
- compression garments (a prescription from a doctor is needed)
- incontinence supplies
AADL does not cover continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) units.
For people who need diabetes supplies, AADL provides help with funding if you are insulin-dependant through the Alberta Monitoring for Health Program at 1-800-267-7532.
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
You need a doctor referral for some services. Call for more information.
Some people are eligible to pay 25% of the cost up to a maximum of $500.00 per family per AADL benefit year (July 1 to June 30).
If you are considered low-income, you may not have to cost share, but you do have to pay for upgrades. For more information visit our website.
Service language options