Adult Day Support Program
Adult Day Support Programs (ADSPs) are designed for adults (over 18 years of age) who may have physical and/or memory challenges or are living with a chronic illness. These day or evening programs have a double focus. They provide clients with a regular outing one or two times a week and caregivers with a break. Programs are located in Calgary and rural communities in the Calgary Zone.
Adult Day Support Programs provide six hours a day of :
- Family Caregiver respite, support and information;
- The company of others with similar health care needs supported by trained care staff;
- Nutritious meals and snacks;
- Recreational programming;
- Activities and exercise programs to improve health;
- Opportunities for rest;
- Basic personal care;
- Monitoring of blood pressure and weight;
- Assistance with medication.
Oilfields General Hospital
717 Government Road
Black Diamond, Alberta
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Free parking available on site.
Hours of Operation
- Wednesday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Community Care Coordinator to make referral.
There may be a charge for your hot lunch while attending a AHS funded Adult Day Support Program depending on your income. ADSP participants are responsible for their transportation to the ADSP and back or if used, the cost of Access Calgary services.
Once admitted to the program clients are assessed for fee determination. The co-payment may be waived as indicated by Alberta Health Services.
Service language options