This service may provide:
- Diabetes education/ counselling in a classroom setting and on one-to-one appointments with Registered Nurses and Registered Dietiticians for people diagnosed with Type I or Type II Diabetes. Education topics include an overview of the disease, complications, medications, exercise and nutrition.
- Diabetes education (survival skills) to facilitate discharge and patient self- management to inpatients at the request of the inpatient unit.
Richmond Road Diagnostic and Treatment Centre
1820 Richmond Road SW
403-955-8118 (Information), 403-955-8135 (Reception)
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Parking is available in the public parkade, located off Richmond Road. CT/MRI - Park in old emergency lot, just off Richmond Road. Other Services - access through the public parkade, located off Richmond Road.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Evening and Saturday classes and appointment times may be available.
Referral by fax for consultation. Lab work forwarded by referring physician.
Diabetes, Hypertension and Cholesterol Centre Referral Form # 1002006