Palliative Care Consult Service
On request from any clinician, provides:
• assessment of palliative symptoms and collaborative support in managing complex medications.
• recommendations for optimizing clinical end-of-life care and for supporting families faced with the loss of a loved one
• guidance with Advance Care Planning and Goals of Care.
• mentoring for other clinicians,
• facilitates transitions to alternate care settings such as hospice.
Rockyview General Hospital
7007 14 Street SW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
Doctors, nurses and allied health professionals can make a Palliative Care Consult Request using the form available through the Palliative Care Central Office at 403-944-2304.
Referral to the Palliative Care Consult Service must be made by the requesting clinician directly to the Palliative Care office. Patients and family do not make consult requests, but can indicate to their health care professional that they would like to be seen by a Palliative Care specialist.