Spiritual Care Services
This service provide spiritual and emotional support for patients, families and staff. This includes:
- spiritual assessment and intervention.
- facilitating rituals and sacraments (e.g. sweetgrass, sacrament of the sick)
- decision-making support and supportive care for patient and family at end-of-life
- collaboration with religious leaders at patient and families request
- acting as resource to care team on topics such as communication, religious and cultural awareness, grief and bereavement, compassion fatigue, and spiritual needs assessment
- 24/7 (on-call) coverage at most actue care centres.
Chaplains adhere to professional standards of practice for spiritual care delivery.
Rockyview General Hospital
7007 14 Street SW
403-943-3000 (After Hours), 403-943-3316
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
A Spiritual Care Provider (Chaplain) is available after hours for emergencies and can be reached by calling the hospital operator at 403-943-3000.
Service language options