Public Health Nursing
Public Health Nurses work wherever members of the community live, work, play and learn. Public Health Nurses address the areas of Health Promotion, Disease Prevention and Health Protection.
The four areas that are covered by Public Health Nurses include:
Maternal, Child and Family Health
- Prenatal and Postnatal Support and Education *
- Postpartum Follow-up
- Breast Feeding Support
- Post-partum Depression Support
- Well Child Clinics, that include Preschool Developmental Checkups
- Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Programs to support at risk pregnancy
- Referral to community services and supports.
Communicable Disease Control
- Routine Immunization according to Alberta Health and Wellness Guidelines for all ages.
- Communicable Disease Follow-up and information including STI/HIV
- Newcomers Health (Immigrant and Refugee)
- Travel Health Counselling and Immunization
- Annual Influenza Immunizatin Program
- Works collaboratively with partners to support students, families and staff.
- Routine School Immunization Programs
- Assist and support Healthy Schools Initiatives
- Communicable Disease Follow-up and information for schools and families.
- Health Education
- Safety and Injury Prevention Information
- Support for Smoking Cessation
- Comprehensive School Health
- Contraception, STI, and Pregnancy Options Counselling *
* These services may not be available at all sites, please call your local Public Health Office to confirm where services may be offered.
Magrath Community Health
37 E 2 Avenue N
Washrooms are wheelchair accessible
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Apply to Prenatal and Postnatal Classes and Travel Health Service.
Service language options