Prevent Alcohol and Risk Related Trauma in Youth
The "Prevention of Alcohol and Risk Related Trauma in Youth" (P.A.R.T.Y.) program focuses on the concepts related to choices and consequences.
Grade 9 students experience a full day session:
- meeting injury survivors
- listening to health-care workers describe the journey of a trauma patient
- listening to facts about brain and spinal cord injuries
Further, the students have hands-on experience with the equipment used in trauma care and rehabilitation.
Offers two programs:
- Outreach, where a coordinator goes to a school
- In-house, where a maximum of 35 students come to the hospital program
Sturgeon Community Hospital
201 Boudreau Road
St. Albert, Alberta
Ramps and parking
At Intersection of St. Albert Trail and Boudreau Rd
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Tuesday 8:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 4:45 pm
$8.00 per student for the In-House; $5.00 per student for the Outreach
For youth that are in custody of the province, where they are unable to generate funds.