Communicable Disease Control
Under the authority of the Medical Officer of Health, the Alberta Health Services Communicable Disease Control program is responsible for the public health prevention and control of communicable diseases (CD) which are notifiable under the Communicable Disease Regulations of the Public Health Act of Alberta.
Public health strategies to control notifiable CD include:
- Preventing infection through education and/or prophylaxis, including immunization.
- Minimizing transmission of infection through prompt investigation and follow-up of notifiable CD incidents and implementation of protective measures.
- Providing epidemiologic data for reporting and public health response measures.
- Continuous monitoring and surveillance of CD incidence in the community to readily identify and respond to emerging illnesses or outbreaks of disease.
Alberta List of Notifiable Diseases:
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Service language options