Immunization - School Services
This program provides routine immunizations to children in Grades 1, 5, and 9 in school. Before immunizations are given, records are reviewed to see what immunizations each child needs. A consent is then sent home. No immunizations will be given without consent from a parent or legal guardian. If a child misses getting a vaccine in school, it can be given at a community or public health centre in your area. Immunizations in this program include:
- Grade 1: for children who have not received routine preschool immunizations, which includes diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella.
- Grade 5: offers hepatitis B and varicella immunization for children who aren't immunized or haven't had either of these diseases. Girls can receive the vaccine for human papilloma virus (HPV).
- Grade 9: diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis vaccine is offered.
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
403-955-1250 (Booking Clinic)
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Open alternate Saturdays.
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.