Psychosocial and Spiritual Resources - Spiritual Care Services
Services are offered to people of all cultures, spiritual beliefs, and life orientations, including people who are:
- in distress and wanting one-to-one or family support
- struggling with meaning in life and death
- wrestling with experiences of loss, self-worth, being in the hospital, or feelings of being isolated
- looking for support with ethical decision making
- in need of prayer or religious rites
- wanting to explore their understanding of the Divine/God
- coming to terms with bad news or with a future which has become more uncertain
- one-to-one spiritual counselling
- connecting with community religious and spiritual leaders
- prayers, rites, and sacraments
- help dealing with difficult situations or issues of life and death
- spiritual support for patients and their family members
- support with life and health issues within each patient’s personal belief system
- dealing with ethical concerns or problems
A multi-faith Prayer Centre is located on the first floor of the Cross Cancer Centre by the gift shop and provides a quiet sacred environment for meditation, prayer, and reflection.
Cross Cancer Institute
11560 University Avenue
Wheelchair accessible washrooms. Handicapped parking stalls. Ramps are available to access the hospital and there is designated parking around the parameter for appropriately designated handicapped vehicles.
Bus stops at 114 Street NW, and an LRT station is located NE of the Kaye Edmonton Clinic along 114 Street NW. Phone 780-496-1611 for service schedule.