Therapeutic Recreation Services
Therapeutic recreation is important to a person’s quality of life. With this in mind, this service:
- uses recreation and leisure as the primary modality to improve, maintain or prevent decline of physicial, social, cognitive, and emotional health
- interventions are enjoyable, meaningful, focused and based on individual preferences, values and strenghts
- strives to remove barriers to recreation and leisure participation
- enables clients to continue to pursue their recreational and leisure interests/activities
- addresses social needs to help prevent isolation and loneliness
- helps client adjust to a placement and changes in health
Valleyview Health Centre
4802 Highway Street E
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Designated disabled parking spots.
Hours of Operation
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
A family doctor must refer.