Red Deer Bariatric Specialty Clinic
The initial clinic assessment determines the patient's specific barriers to managing their weight. The next steps in a patient's care involve developing an individualized care plan which may include:
- behaviour modification
- counseling for nutrition, physical activity, and mental health
- drug treatment and/or bariatric surgery (surgical treatment for obesity)
- coordinating care and transitioning the patient back to their family physician with recommendations.
Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
2nd Floor South Complex
3942 50A Avenue
Red Deer, Alberta
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
This facility is located on a main bus route. Public Transportation available.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM for Lunch.
Closed Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
A referral letter can be faxed to the clinic. Please ensure that the letter includes a measured height and weight, BMI, and weight related comorbidities.