Patient services include:
- Knowledge and understanding of diabetes for Type 1, Type 2, gestational and prediabetes
- Self management of diabetes
- Educational classes for clients and families - to register call (780-401-2665)
- Individual assessment and diabetes management with a healthcare team at a diabetes centre
- Individual follow up appointment
- Telephone follow up
- Gestational/pregnancy diabetes services
- Insulin Pump Consultations
- The Community Diabetes Team also provides a telephone support line (780-735-1051) for clients with diabetes.
Provider services include:
- A telephone support line (780-735-1050) for healthcare providers in the Edmonton zone - Diabetes Information and Advice Line (DIAL)
- Provider education - Level 1, 2 & 3
The Community Diabetes Program supports Primary Care Networks and other community partners through provider education, telephone support, and mentorship opportunities.
Sturgeon Community Hospital
201 Boudreau Road
St. Albert, Alberta
780-401-BOOK (2665) Regional Access Booking
780-735-3553 Fax Referrals
Ramps and parking
At Intersection of St. Albert Trail and Boudreau Rd
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Self referral: For information regarding classes or to register for a class, clients may call (780)401-BOOK(2665) Physician referral: To make a referral, physicians may fax the Adult Diabetes Center Referral Form to (780)735-3553 Once a referral is received, the Community Diabetes Team (CDT) will triage the referral to the appropriate service. A Central Access Booking Clerk will contact the client to book for services.