Liver Transplant - Southern Alberta Transplant Program
This service provides:
- work-up for assessment of eligibility for patients with liver failure
- education for patients with liver failure
- waitlist work-up for liver transplant surgery
- monitoring and treatment of patients on the transplant wait list
- monitoring and treatment of post transplant patients
Adult patients are followed through the Foothills Medical Centre and pediatric patients are followed at the Alberta Children’s Hospital; patients are followed in collaboration with the Edmonton Liver Transplant Program. Liver transplant surgery is performed in Edmonton.
- Southern Alberta Transplant Program
- Pediatric Liver Transplant – Southern Alberta Transplant Program
Foothills Medical Centre
Southern Alberta Transplant Clinic, North Tower, 5th Floor
1403 29 Street NW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Several buses stop on the Foothills Medical Centre site. These include bus numbers 20, 40, 91, and 419. Foothills Medical Centre is located one block south of 16 Ave (Trans Canada Hwy).
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed statutory holidays and weekends.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
Physician referral required.
Wait time for assessment depends on patient status and the availability of specialists. The wait time for transplantation varies depending on many conditions such as: transplant recipient medical condition, blood type, donor availability, and donor organ size.