Services are provided to individuals with physical, social, emotional and mental challenges which impact their ability to engage in meaningful leisure experiences. Recreation Therapists assess invididuals to determine their leisure needs and together develop, implement and evaluate goals. The process supports each individual to maximize independance, create optimal health and achieve quality of life. In addition, Recreation Therapists help integrate people with disabilities into the community by teaching them how to use community resources and participate in recreation and leisure activities:
- Improved memory and cognitive functioning
- Enhanced new learning
- Improved coping and reasoning skills
- Greater independence and quality of life
- Increased self-esteem, self concept and adjustment to disability
- Reduction of stress, depression and anxiety
- Promote a positive attitude
- Improved basic motor functioning and reduced risk of falls
- Increased skill acquisition
- Increased self confidence
- Community integration
- Knowledge to choose healthy leisure activities
Services are available in Continuing Care, Acute Care and Community.
Brooks Health Centre
440 3 Street E
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
City provided special transit
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Physician to phone, fax or mail referral to nearest Health Care facility.