Helps people with physical, social, emotional, and mental challenges that affect their leisure activity after they are discharged home from hospital by assessing their needs, developing, following and evaluating a plan. Teaches how to use resources and take part in recreation and leisure activities by:
- improving coping and reasoning skills
- supporting new learning
- supporting greater independence and quality of life
- increasing self-esteem and adjusting to disability
- reducing stress, depression, and anxiety
- promoting a positive attitude
- teaching how to reduce the risk of falls
- Improved memory and cognitive functioning
Brooks Health Centre
440 3 Street E
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
City provided special transit
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
A doctor's referral is required. The doctor can phone, fax, or mail a referral to the nearest healthcare facility.