Conservative Management / Palliative Clinic
The conservative management program is for patients who decide they would prefer not to include dialysis as a part of their treatment plan. The program utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to:
- prevent and treat any symptoms or complications of end stage chronic kidney disease;
- preserve current kidney function and delay further progression to end stage kidney disease;
- provide supportive holistic care when needed;
- help the patient and family members plan for the future and end of life;
- increase access to supportive care in the community
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
Referral must be made by a nephrologist, registered nurse, nurse practitioner, resident/fellow, or renal social worker within the CKD clinic. Direct referrals from community home care or family doctors are not accepted at this time.