Alberta Health Services has weight management services for adults, children and their families in addition to resources for health professionals who provide care.
These services support adults, children and families to achieve their best health and well-being. Individuals and families are actively involved in all decisions related to their care. Health professionals share information and provide care that is respectful and responsive.
- Online Obesity Management Program for Health care Providers
- Overweight and Obesity Education for Healthcare Providers - Webinar
- Engagement in Health Services for Managing Pediatric Obesity (January 4, 2017)
- The Role of Sweeteners in Adult Weight Management (February 1, 2017)
- Electronic Products, Vaping and Bariatric Surgery (March 1, 2017)
- Videogame Use & Abuse: Today’s Culture of Gaming and Its Impact on Youth (April 5, 2017)
- The Medical and Surgical Management of Obesity (May 3, 2017)
- Weight Recidivism after Bariatric Surgery (June 7, 2017)
- Improving Obesity Prevention and Management in Primary Care (July 5, 2017)
- Putting LIFE into Lifestyle Management of Obesity (August 2, 2017)
- Social Determinants of Obesity: The Role of Food Environments (September 6, 2017)
- Archived webinars
- Webinar disclaimer
Provincial Bariatrics Resource Team (PBRT)
Supports health professionals and zone/provincial decision makers. Resource videos available.