Community Health Centres - Ponoka Community Health Centre
Provide people with information to make healthy choices, and opportunities to learn from and support each other to improve their quality of life. Community - based health programs can be accessed through any Community Health Centre (public health site).
Community based health programs work in the community to protect, promote, prevent, rehabilitate, support, and treat.
The following services are available directly or through referral by contacting any Community Health Centre in the Central Zone:
- clinics and Immunization
- immunization clinics including flu and international travel; ostomy clinics
- mobility clinics such as walkers
- education, Consultation & Counselling
- genetics counselling
- seniors' support and counselling
- mental health counselling
- nutrition consultation
- breastfeeding counselling
- oral health consultation
- school programs for health promotion
- sexual health consultation
- food safe, water analysis
- asthma education
- tobacco reduction
- injury prevention
Support Services include:
- public health inspections
- nursing home care services
- occupational therapy, physical therapy
- palliative care
- follow up and support for moms and early discharged newborns
- continuing care placement coordination
- home IV therapy
- communicable disease control
- Alberta Aids to Daily Living
- respiratory services
- hospital discharge planning
- healthy communities facilitation
Allied Health Services include;
- speech and language pathology services
- audiology services
- pediatric rehabilitation and outreach services
Ponoka Community Health Centre
Travel Health services not offered at this location. Ponoka Community Health Centre is located on Hwy. 2A north, beside county building. Main entrance is located on east side of building.
5900 2A Highway
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Closed 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM for Lunch.
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Referrals are required for some programs. Clients should call the local Community Health Centre (Public Health site) for details.
There are fees for some of the health services offered and clients are advised of fees when calling the Community Health Centre (Public Health site).
Fee reductions offered for some services, depending on the program/service.
Waiting time varies depending on service required.