Sexually Transmitted Infections Clinic - Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre
Services provided to those at risk of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and requiring STI testing includes:
- Free and confidential testing and treatment for STIs
- Routine screening for HIV, bacterial infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis, as well as blood-borne pathogens (BBPs) like Hepatitis C.
- HPV (genital warts) treatment
- Pregnancy testing and referral
- Cervical screening (Pap tests) for clients without regular healthcare providers
- Emergency contraceptive pill
- Needle exchange (Service NOT offered at East Edmonton Health Centre site)
- Referral to community services
- Results are provided by phone (780-342-2392) or in person approximately 10 days after testing. A chart number for results is provided at the time of testing. Those phoning in for results must provide this chart number prior to receiving results. The results line is answered Monday to Friday between 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Birth Control is NOT provided at this clinic. For information on birth control, contact the Birth Control Centre.
Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre
11111 Jasper Avenue
1-800-772-2437 Province Wide STD/HIV Info Line
Entrance, hallways, changerooms, washrooms and training areas fully wheelchair accessible.
Public Transportation available. Grandin LRT station approximately 1 block south of Edmonton General Hospital. ETS bus stop in front of the facility
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:45 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
The free and confidential HIV/STI information line is available 24 hours or you can speak directly to a nurse Monday to Friday from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm.