Sexually Transmitted Infections Clinic - Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre
- free and private testing and treatment for STIs
- testing for HIV, bacterial infections (e.g., chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis), and diseases of the blood (e.g., hepatitis C)
- HPV (genital warts) treatment
- pregnancy testing and referral
- emergency contraceptive pill
- needle exchange (service is not offered at East Edmonton Health Centre site)
- referral to community services
A chart number for results will be given to you at the time of testing. Results are provided by phone or in person about 10 days after testing. You must provide this chart number before you get your results.
Birth Control is not provided at this clinic. For information on birth control, contact the Birth Control Centre at 780-735-0010.
Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre
11111 Jasper Avenue
811 (Confidential 24/7 STI and Health Advice)
Entrance, hallways, changerooms, washrooms and training areas fully wheelchair accessible.
Public Transportation available. Grandin LRT station is approximately 1 block south of Edmonton General Hospital. Edmonton transit bus stops in front of facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:45 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
MSM After Hour Clinic: Wednesday 6:15 pm-8:15 pm, STI testing for gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
You can also access STI testing through your healthcare provider.
Ask for HIV, Syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia testing.
If you need a family doctor, please visit www.albertahealthservices.ca/709.asp
to find the nearest Medicentre in your area go to www.medicentres.com
There maybe a waiting period for this service. Call for more information.