Medical Day Treatment - Alberta Children's Hospital
This services provides:
- care to patients who require treatment in an active setting but do not require overnight hospitalization (e.g., blood transfusions, I.V. therapy).
- preparation and monitoring of patients who have diagnostic procedures done in other areas under conscious sedation (e.g., cecostomy tube changes in Diagnostic Imaging; Renal Biopsies in Ultrasound)
Alberta Children's Hospital
2888 Shaganappi Trail NW
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 7:00 am - 5:15 pm
- Tuesday 7:00 am - 5:15 pm
- Wednesday 7:00 am - 5:15 pm
- Thursday 7:00 am - 5:15 pm
- Friday 7:00 am - 5:15 pm
Physician referral required. For the South Health Campus physicians making referrals must hold Day Medicine prileges. Privileges are obtained through the Clinical Department
Booking request, along with history, and orders to be sent to clinic once patient meets approval of charge nurse.