Labour and Delivery Services and Newborn Care - Peter Lougheed Centre
This service provides safe, quality obstetrical and newborn care. It demonstrates accountability through outcome and performance measurement and reporting. It provides continuity (integrated) care with prenatal, facility and postnatal services. The service maintains an inter-disciplinary approach to care and creates an environment of family centered care.
Services offered may include:
- nursing/medical assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation 24 hours per day;
- access to diagnostic and therapeutic services;
- referral to specialists and tertiary care centers;
- Caesarian births, as required;
- antenatal care for pregnancy complications unable to be treated at home
- lactation services;
- discharge planning;
- grief counselling.
Peter Lougheed Centre
3500 26 Avenue NE
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Lift available for patients up to 500 pounds.
C-train, city transit
Hours of Operation
24 hour service