Active Anytime Anywhere - Edmonton - Information / Registration / Appointments
A health promotion initiative whose primary focus is to improve and sustain vitality and quality of life for low income older adults.
There are two major components:
For the Older Adult, group exercise sessions and health education presentations for:
- low-income (less than $39,000 annual household income) older adults (55+ years) in selected venues
- residents of selected Designated Assisted Living sites
For the Active Living/Fitness Leader, leaders' Network provides:
- information and resource sharing
- credits for the continuing education requirements of the Alberta Fitness Leader Certification Association (AFLCA)
Older Adult Resource Kit promotes healthy active living for older adults and includes health and wellness presentations, reproducible tip sheets and a 60 minute older adult exercise video/DVD
Edmonton - Information / Registration / Appointments
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
Fees charged for outings that may be arranged as part of the low income older adult programming (e.g., entrance fees to a venue or activity fee (bowling). No charge for exercise classes or health and wellness presentations. Fees charged for Leaders? Network Inservices.