Palliative / End of Life Care - Consultation Support - Peter Lougheed Centre
This service offers supportive palliative care to terminally ill patients and their families. Services provided may include:
- management of symptoms (e.g. pain, breathing difficulties, nausea etc.);
- maintenance of optimal physical and cognitive function;
- psychological and spiritual support;
- patient/family education regarding disease progression and the end of life;
- prognosis and goals of care;
- discharge planning and coordination of palliative care services;
- transitioning to hospice;
- grief counseling;
Services can be accessed through:
- Acute care hospitals;
- Foothills Medical Centre;
- Rockyview General Hospital;
- Peter Lougheed Centre.
- Integrated Home Care – including Palliative Home Care;
- Long Term Care & Supported Living;
- Rural area including hospitals and home care;
- Selected outpatient clinics;
- Agape hospice;
- Chinook hospice;
- Foothills Country hospice;
- Rosedale hospice;
- Santuari hospice;
- Sarcee hospice;
- Southwood hospice.
Further information available through the Palliative Care Central Office at 403-944-2304.
Peter Lougheed Centre
3500 26 Avenue NE
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Lift available for patients up to 500 pounds.
C-train, city transit
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
Physician or nursing staff referral through Central Access and Triage