Immunization - School Services - Stettler Community Health Centre
This program provides routine immunizations to children in Grades 1, 5, and 9 in school. Before immunizations are given, records are reviewed to see what immunizations each child needs. A consent is then sent home. No immunizations will be given without consent from a parent or legal guardian. If a child misses getting a vaccine in school, it can be given at a community or public health centre in your area. Immunizations in this program include:
- Grade 1: for children who have not received routine preschool immunizations, which includes diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella.
- Grade 5: Offers Hepatitis B, human papilloma virus (HPV) and varicella (chicken pox) immunization to children who aren't immunized or have NOT had Hepatitis B or varicella disease. In August, 2014 HPV vaccine started being offered to grade 5 boys and girls. There is also a catch-up program for the grade 9 boys and girls who did not receive their vaccine in grade 5.
- Grade 9: diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and meningococcal vaccine is offered.
Stettler Community Health Centre
5911 50 Avenue
For more information please contact the service at this facility.
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Closed over the noon hour
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.