Police and Crisis Team - Calgary - Information / Registration / Appointments
This joint initiative between Alberta Health Services (AHS) and the Calgary Police Service (CPS) pairs a CPS officer with an AHS clinician (social worker, registered psychiatric nurse or registered nurse) to provide crisis intervention, urgent psychiatric assessments and professional consultations.
PACT provides service for clients:
- with a history of aggression, violence, or weapons on premises who are experiencing a mental health or psychosocial crisis;
- who are intoxicated and/or expressing suicidal or homicidal ideation;
- who have a history of substance use and mental illness and are presenting with likeliness for danger or harm to self or others;
- where thereis a high likelihood of requiring a FORM 10 (Statement of Peace Officer on Apprehension) under the Mental Health Act of Alberta;
- who have cautions on file with the Calgary Police Service.
403-266-1234 (Urgent Professional Referrals), 403-266-4357 (Calgary Distress Centre - Third Party Referrals), 403-955-6380 (Non-Urgent Professional Referrals)
Map does not signify location of any organization or service.
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
See access note.