SCOPE Program - Edmonton - Information / Registration / Appointments
Provides colorectal cancer screening for patients 50 -74 who are medically stable and have one of the following:
- FIT positive, OR
- Personal history of polyps or colorectal cancer, OR
- Family history in at least one first degree relative (parent, siblings, child) with polyps and/or colorectal cancer, OR
- Family history in at least TWO second degree relatives (aunt, uncle, grandparent, niece, nephew) of colorectal cancer
- Are 10 years younger than the youngest person in the family diagnosed with colorectal cancer
- Pre-procedure consultation appointment (approx 1.5 hours in length)
- Colonoscopy appointment
- Navigate or assist patients and/or Family Physicians with any care required as determined by the colonoscopy
- Provide Follow-up recommendations for next procedure to both patient and Family Physician
Edmonton - Information / Registration / Appointments
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
This service is not available to everyone. Call for more information.
A referral is needed to access this service. Call for more information.
A referral to the SCOPE program is required. To obtain a copy of the SCOPE program referral, please email email@example.com . Please NOTE: incomplete referrals will not be processed.
Patients must purchase a bowel prep solution and take prior to colonoscopy appointment (average cost is $25 $40 dollars)
Patients may ask their family physicians to provide a prescription for the bowel prep solution. Note that not all insurance companies cover bowel prep within their drug plans.
FIT positive referrals are given first priority for triage and colonoscopy booking. All referrals are processed in the order in which they are received.